View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 08:39 PM   #208
Chris Adams

Default Re: The Harbor Freight PASS/FAIL Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkH View Post
You get what you pay for. It is said by customers too. At times in extreme frustration.

It is what I said to an employee as I was showing how far I could pitch the common elcheapo impact wrench that it seems everyone sells. Ours had come through Cummins. It could not have removed anything. Delay at harvest. Combine down. Two hour trip to get a working wrench. Machine down dumps 300 bushels every 10-15 minutes. Loss of quality due to delay due to not completing before the weather.

Cheap piece of crap not a great investment. Cost us $3,000 could buy a damm big lot of better ones for that. I think my words at the time were you buy shit, you get shit.
Um, maybe.
I bought the most expensive pistol I could buy, then had to have a forcing cone cut into it. S&W had a bad day...
My low price guns don't shave lead, don't have to have timing adjusted, etc.

I bought a MB, new. Don't want to talk about the trips to the dealer, but I got on a first name basis with everyone the first year...
Bought six Suzuki’s.
Never met the service manager

Bought a new Cadillac, 56k. Got my 56K back eventually…
Bought a new Ford F-150 for 10,400 under sticker. It’s still in my driveway. Needed a blower fan once…

Bought a really expensive 60’ flat screen TV. It lives at the service shop, not my house.
I actually watch the WORKING super cheap Samsung 54’ projection TV. It’s never had any service, bought it cheap at FRY’s in 2001.

My Mac air ratchet just hisses.
My HF air ratchet turns bolts.

But sometimes it is true that buying junk bites your butt, but buying cheap is NOT always buying junk.
Chris Adams is offline   Reply With Quote