Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-06-2017, 09:39 PM   #921
BigMac38

Default Re: Overseas Jack Rebuild Help Tutorial.

Crap. Any advice on how to include images?
BigMac38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 10:00 PM   #922
454ragtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMac38 View Post
Crap. Any advice on how to include images?
Scroll down below the quick reply box and click on the "go advanced" button. When that screen opens, scroll down to where it says "Manage Attachments".
Click on that, and load your pics. It's really simple once you've done it a time or 2. Oh, and welcome to GJ.
454ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 03-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #923
iloveusatools

Hi, I rebuilt my Blue-Point YA1642 2-ton floor jack (Hein Werner winner series). After tearing it down I observed that the ram cup seal was definitely toast so I replaced that along with all other O-rings.

The trouble I had during reassembly was with the O-rings and o-ring backup spacers in the pump valve. How the heck do you squeeze all that in there? (from top to bottom mine goes: o-ring spacer/o-ring/o-ring spacer/o-ring) *I'm testing the jack after reassembly with only the O-rings in place in the pump valve*

I filled the jack with oil just above the inner cylinder and bleed the pump of air through the oil fill port.

The jack will not pump with the release valve closed UNLESS I manually lift the jack arm. Then it works fine. Once I lifted the arm up manually I closed the release valve and I can pump it up, or let it down by opening the release valve. BUT once the arm goes down completely with the release valve open I can't pump it back up with the release valve closed. Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you
iloveusatools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:59 AM   #924
LeWidget

Hi Guys,

Whilst Googling service information on a floor jack I'm trying to fix, I came across this well written and awesome thread. So I decided to sign up in the hopes I could get some expert advice on how to go about fixing this jack I have.

We've had it for many many years, though I'm really not sure on the manufacturer. It's my understanding it's a 'cheap' jack, and the hydraulic jack portion looks very very similar to the one in the original post.

I've tried Googling the model number on the jack, sf-0305001, but nothing... :/

The original issue was as I jacked it up, it would continue to leak and go down. I followed guides on bleeding the system of air.. which helped at first, then started playing up again. Bleeding wouldn't work so I replaced the o-ring on the pumping mechanism (looks like a '?', and replaced only 1 o-ring that I saw). This helped for a short period.

Frustrated, I decided to to a tear down to have an inspection and replace what I could... well I seemed to have run into an issue. Not only did I unscrew the top valves, which set loose ball bearings, springs and pointy things (I think I got them all, seen in pic).. Ill have to find a guide on how to re-install them...but.. it seems the u-cup(?) is completely destroyed.

I'm sure replacing them is straight forward.. but a couple of problems which I'm hoping someone can help with, is..

1. I don't know the model/part numbers needed for this kit :/ so I can order a replacement..

2. I'm from Australia. Unfortunately we don't seem to have a wide variety of repair kits like the U.S has.. and usually shipping can cost anywhere between $20 - $50+ from U.S > Aus

I've looked on ebay.. not much there, and very costly I searched for "floor jack repair kit"

Here's some pics, hope they help. If in need of more, let me know. The jack is currently in pieces.

Not sure if it's fixable, but I hope it is.. looks to me like it just needs a service kit of o-rings and a u-cup. This was a pretty good jack.. when it worked.. and would very much like to use it again rather than spend over $150 for a new cheap one.

Any feedback would be super.

Regards,
LeWidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:09 PM   #925
schtoopid

Default Torin Jack

I've got a Blackjack engine hoist
with a Torin T33112 jack

Its got a separate pump unit.

I broke it

I took it apart, and had some "sproing"
Think I'm missing a spring, but not sure.
Anyone have a parts diagram?

Attached are pictures.

Ive got 2 sizes of check ball. I'm pretty sure the big one and a small one go in the pressure release.
I'm pretty certain a small check ball goes in the bottom of the pump-well
But then I'm lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Parts diagram would be awesome!

http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/a...1&d=1492812503
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170421_133855.jpg (139.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20170421_133900.jpg (148.8 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 20170421_133906.jpg (136.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 20170421_133910.jpg (141.9 KB, 16 views)
schtoopid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #926
toughguy

great write up, I was able to break this jack down and find out the problem. and does anybody know what they call the broken pieces and what can I get to replace it with, thanks all.

Last edited by toughguy; 04-22-2017 at 04:56 PM.
toughguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:38 PM   #927
paulsomlo

That's generally referred to as a "U-cup" seal. You specify them by OD and ID. Use a caliper and measure the ID by measuring the piston. You can get the OD by measuring the bore of the cylinder it fits into. You may also be able to specify it by the model # of the jack that it came out of.

Here's the place that forum member Hiball recommends, if you can't find it locally:

"Need a Seal Kit? Contact Hydraulic Parts Supply at 620-594-2247"
paulsomlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #928
toughguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsomlo View Post
That's generally referred to as a "U-cup" seal. You specify them by OD and ID. Use a caliper and measure the ID by measuring the piston. You can get the OD by measuring the bore of the cylinder it fits into. You may also be able to specify it by the model # of the jack that it came out of.

Here's the place that forum member Hiball recommends, if you can't find it locally:

"Need a Seal Kit? Contact Hydraulic Parts Supply at 620-594-2247"
thank you so much for your help.
toughguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:55 AM   #929
Khaotic

Long overdue but as promised I will update and pleased to inform that all is well and my jack now works as new.
Changed all O-rings (kept old U-cup, backups at pump, balls & copper shims) and it now lifts through the full pump motion that was bothering me most but it also passed overnight load test (it would drop about 1" in 3-4 hours prior) without any sign of leaks or loss of lift.
Beeing the OCD-nut that I am, I also prepped and repainted/refinished all parts to make it look brand new.
Sadly I only have one picture that will serve as the "before" pic.
Once again I want to thank Hiball for this thread, would have never attempted this without the information I found here!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (149.6 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (152.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (143.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (142.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (149.4 KB, 19 views)
Khaotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 10:03 PM   #930
LeWidget

Any ideas for post #924? Unfortunately, with me being in Australia, I'm usually unable to order in parts from the U.S (pricing and expensive postage), but will try to source something locally.

Only problem, I'm not exactly sure what parts I need. It looks like a u-cup type seal, though do they go by any other name?

Also, it looks like there's a plastic washer that sits between piston and u-cup, should that be replaced or can it be re-used ?
Old 06-03-2017, 02:01 AM   #931
paulsomlo

"U-cup" should specify it pretty well. If you've got a local hydraulic supply, bring the entire hydraulic unit to them, they'll measure it.

Unless it's torn up, the plastic washer should be reusable.
paulsomlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 02:59 AM   #932
mobsta

Hi LeWidget, where about in Australia you're from?

We just reconditioned our jack about two weeks ago and bought all our parts from Seal Imports. Here are their locations. http://www.sealimports.com.au/#/Content/?Id=9. I took all our parts to the Sydney branch and got all the seals from them. It all came to 35 bucks, so very happy.

I found few suppliers around the country but they were the closest to me. If you need further help please post back.
mobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 03:11 AM   #933
LeWidget

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsomlo View Post
"U-cup" should specify it pretty well. If you've got a local hydraulic supply, bring the entire hydraulic unit to them, they'll measure it.

Unless it's torn up, the plastic washer should be reusable.
Thanks Paul. Yeh, I probably should have worded it different, though wasn't 100% sure if it uses the U-Cup style seal or whether someone knew if it was something else.

Ill jump onto Google and see if there's any Hydraulic places about, see what they say
Old 06-03-2017, 08:48 AM   #934
mobsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeWidget View Post
Ill jump onto Google and see if there's any Hydraulic places about, see what they say
Here is a place in Australia you can get parts from

http://www.sealimports.com.au/#/Content/?Id=9
mobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #935
L5wolvesf

Great write ups guys, thank you for the time it took to do them. If it isn't a sticky it should be.