Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Lighting & Electrical

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #1
Cabbie

Default How to find the right GE circuit breaker?

I have been trying to collect the needed parts to wire my garage. I have many options on the sub panel, and wires, but I cant seem to find the correct breaker for my main panel. Ive been told to find a breaker that is a 30A/50A quad. I have a GE main panel, and cant seem to find any breakers that resemble what has been described to me.

The 30A would be used for my AC unit, and the 50A would be for the garage. I have attached a copy pictures of what I think I should be looking for. My panel says I can use the following breakers:

THQP
THHQP
THQL
THHQL
TXQL
THQL-GF
THHQL-GF
TQDL
THQDL

Can anyone lead me to the right breaker?

Thanks,
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20:50 Quad.jpg (61.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 20A Quad.jpg (10.8 KB, 2 views)
Cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
Norcal

Default Re: How to find the right GE circuit breaker?

Those SQ D breakers pictured are listed or classified for any panel other then a SQ D Homeline model, they may fit but are always wrong in other then SQ D gear. GE twin/tandem breakers only fit GE panels & because of the way they are built ONLY GE twin breakers will work, as far as I know GE does not make a quad breaker but that is not a deal breaker for you.

You need a THQP230 & a THQP250, post a pic of your panel & there a a number of folks who can help you shift things around, this needs to be thought out as moving a multiwire circuit if present, to the wrong leg will not be good....
Norcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #3
bronc3buster842001

Default Re: How to find the right GE circuit breaker?

GE does not make a quad style breaker.... Just use 2 seperate breakers....
bronc3buster842001 is offline   Reply With Quote