Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

View Poll Results: Will you participate in SK Day?
Yes! 369 75.00%
No 31 6.30%
Maybe aka "The Switzerland Response" 92 18.70%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
Bull
Super Moderator

Default Super-Exciting News for SK Day!! 9/23 and 9/24

EDIT: SK Day is officially on 9/23 and 9/24

Oficial SK Day Details Have Been Released By Jori:

Ok so here are the official SK Day details, which will be posted on the first page as well:

() SK Day is going to be September 23rd to September 24th. Two full days of SK goodness starting at midnight central time on: www.harryepstein.com The entire SK inventory is on our website, and the prices will drop 5 to 20% on those two days. (Note: Most of the sets will be discounted 5%, while most of the open stock will be discounted 20%). All SK merchandise is BRAND NEW Ideal SK stuff. No old stock. Epstein's has old stock SK merchandise on our website, but it is clearly marked "Closeouts". So if you are particular about this issue, consider yourself notified.

() Please let us know in the comments section of the order that you are from Garagejournal and you are participating in SK Day. If you want to keep it simple, you could say, "GJ SK Day," or if you want to get creative you could say something silly.

() Every SK Day order over $100 will get a free US made SK/Garagejournal/Epstein's T-shirt that is currently being designed. (While supplies last) These are custom printed shirts that are being made right here in Kansas City. Still working on the design but I think they will feature SK's long pattern combo wrench. Will put a pic up when it's done. Sizes will range from Small to XXXL, so please put your shirt size on your order if you qualify for a free shirt. If you are participating in the event and are not a Garagejournal member, please don't request a t-shirt, as these are for members only. There's no way we can actually monitor this, so the easiest way is if everyone is just honest about it.

() Every SK Day order over $250 will get a free pair of mechanics gloves (as well as the t-shirt). Ironically SK's mechanics gloves are the only item in their line that is still imported, but they look really nice. When I get a sample of the gloves I will post pics so you guys can check them out. Also while supplies last. Also, specify your size.

() Like always Epstein's is going to throw something in as well, and like always, I'm not going to tell you what that's going to be.

I think that's it. Two days of low SK prices with some pretty cool giveaways and access to the entire SK inventory.

Oh wait. Shipping has been brought up as an issue, so let me say this:

() We will adjust all shipping charges when we receive the orders. If the computer tells you that shipping is some outrageous price, it is because computers are kinda dumb. We will look at the shipping charges and adjust them if they are out of line.

() Typically we like to ship orders out the same day we receive them, or at the very latest, the next day. This of course is impossible for us with these kind of events. So please have patience with us, and know that we are moving as fast as we can, and will get your order out as soon as we can. We also like to be good communicators in terms of notifying people about the status of their orders. This also proves to be really difficult with this many orders. Feel free to call or email if you are unsure about your order, want to make changes or have any questions, but we will probably not be as responsive as we normally are because we will be PACKING BOXES LIKE CRAZY!!!

() We don't accept Paypal on our website, but if you absolutely positively can't live without it, we can make some arrangements for a paypal order. We'd rather not, because it gets a little complicated on our end, but we will offer it, if it is your only option to participate. Our paypal account is under: sales@harryepstein.com

() I will amend this list if I can think of anything else or if anything isn't clear.

() Thanks as always for your dedication to quality over cheapness and your support for companies that try to operate in humane, sustainable ways.

Jori
HJE

B]Summary of important details so far: On 9/23 and 9/24, if you'd like to participate, you go to Harry J. Epstein's website. The entire SK catalog is already online there. You place your order, and indicate in the "notes" section during the order process that you are participating in SK Day.

Special offers, discounts and swag will be in the mix; specifics to follow.

Jori at Epstein's indicates their online shipping calculator isn't always the best estimator. They will adjust shipping cost if possible as your order is prepared, and only charge the actual amount once it is determined.

The purpose is to support an American tool company that came back from the dead and is offering quality products entirely made here; we simultaneously support a family-owned company that offers a commitment to USA manufacturing and unparalleled customer service. You also support the American worker, employed both at SK and Epstein's.

It's going to be an awesome two days. Thank you for considering it.[/B]

Guys, I was getting goosebumps a few minutes ago during my phone call with a marketing representative for SK. I haven't explicitly asked if I can identify him and his company (I will next time I speak with him) but he is the SK rep for the states of Kansas, Missouri, Iowa and Nebraska. His son is a member here. These guys have a good relationship with Epstein's, know about us here at GJ and some of what we do to support American manufacturing, and seem genuinely excited to help facilitate an SK Day event. I guess SK themselves know about us and think we are a pretty neat group.

The explicit details will be worked out in the coming weeks, but it looks like the essentials are as follows: We will purchase our SK tools on SK Day from Epstein's; I believe the entire product line will be available, but will confirm. The SK rep is eager to put together some discounts specific to us for this event.

As for the timing, I need some help. How many weeks do you guys still need for your wallets to cool off from the Epstein's Day expenditures? Do we want to coincide SK Day with another special day or holiday, or just have it on a regular day? Special days coming up are Labor Day (too soon), September 11, and Columbus Day on 10/13.

Voice your excitement and preferences here, please. I'm also going to attach a poll to figure out what our numbers are looking like. I hope we have a healthy interest in this. If you were part of the recent SK free catalog and hat promotion, then you know how they went above and beyond to take care of us. You also know how beautiful their chrome is, thanks to that free wrench. I'd prefer that you select in the poll a "YES" or "NO" and not go the Switzerland route and say "maybe" as far as your participation goes.

Let's build this up and make it epic. SK did the whole Lazarus/Phoenix thing, and they are committed to keeping production in the USA.

EDIT: Here is a poll in another thread so that you can voice your preference for the timing of the event.
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=258051

EUDAIMONIA
"It Pays to Stay in the USA!"

Last edited by Bull; 09-09-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #2
woody 73

Default Re: Super-Exciting News for SK Day!!

I like Columbus Day but I don't think anyone outside of central "AHIA" ever gave it a second thought.

Count me in.
woody 73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 08-07-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
SMKS

I think 9/11 is too macabre for sort of a celebratory event/sale like this.

This is really interesting, and I'm eager to see the discounts. Glad to see SK as a company getting involved.

Just one suggestion I would make,
If it's possible, I would suggest they try to work out a discount on their XL combo wrenches. The regular wrenches are a little short for some people, but the long version is a good length.

Also, I may be interested in trying some of the new hard handle screwdrivers they offer.

Last edited by SMKS; 08-07-2014 at 02:40 PM.
SMKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
1950mercury

Im so excited i can harldy type.....
1950mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #5
Imcrazy

So how about a link to the full SK catalog so I can take a look and see it there is anything I "need"?
Imcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #6
Farmall450

I will if there are some deals I can afford!

Like big (3/4" +) SAE and Metric Sets!

Edit: Do NOT have it on 9/11.

ToolAudits.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryroad82 View Post
I'm left handed so there are a lot of things that just don't seem right to me
Farmall450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #7
SMKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imcrazy View Post
So how about a link to the full SK catalog so I can take a look and see it there is anything I "need"?
It's on the front page of their website.

http://www.skhandtool.com/
SMKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Bull
Super Moderator

I included 9/11 as a day to consider only because it is a special day. I do get the "macabre" reference. That being said, we just go to work, the store etc. on that day as usual.

I don't care what day we do it, as long as we do it and do it right.

EUDAIMONIA
"It Pays to Stay in the USA!"
Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #9
Brownsfan

Im in for some SK ratchets. I want the 3/8 in 1/4 body flex head.
Brownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:21 PM   #10
Hpozzuoli

I am in for SK. I don't do epsteins or really know what that is.

Do we need to give you lists of what we want and you give us prices? I am kinda excited.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:23 PM   #11
SASORacing

September 5th, it's one month from now. It lands on a friday aka paychecks. I only hope SK is going to offer a real discount not a mediocre one.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
kjbenner

I'm in. I don't have a ton of SK stuff but like what I have.
kjbenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:24 PM   #13
JDon99

They have some stuff I was looking into buying so this may work out well for myself. Personally October works better for me.
JDon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #14
sonvolt

I'm game even though they never sent my hat and stubby wrench
sonvolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #15
JDon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli View Post
I am in for SK. I don't do epsteins or really know what that is.

Do we need to give you lists of what we want and you give us prices? I am kinda excited.
I'm not sure if you are serious(with a post count about 2k) but here you go:

http://store.harryepstein.com/
JDon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #16
Jawn

In.

But I don't think Columbus day is good either.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:27 PM   #17
BikerDad

In. Columbus Day would be preferred, Labor Day would be acceptable. I'm one for observing 9/11 and 12/7, not shopping on them.
BikerDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #18
cgv69

I'm definitely in! Don't really care about the date but Columbus day works for me
cgv69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:29 PM   #19
Super Sport
Alliance Member

I'm nearly out of tools to buy (dare I say it), but I did find a few things I could use while browsing the SK catalog they sent me. I appreciate their kind gesture of the free hat/catalog/wrench, and would like to repay them with a purchase.

So depending on what's available, and if they offer any kind of discount or promotion, I will plan on joining in! After all, I missed Epsteins day...
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #20
Skin

will their ratcheting wrenches be available to order in the fall?
Skin is offline   Reply With Quote