Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old Today, 05:15 PM   #1
softailgarage
Alliance Member

Default Ingersol Rand customer service sucks!

Had a customer give me a IR cordless impact gun, a W750 I believe. He loved the gun, but every now and then it would stop and he would have to bang the head to get it to work again. It was just about 1 year old and asked if I could get it warrantied for him, of course i would, no problem. I go to IR's website and there is no way to contact them, by phone anyways. This I found out after about 20min of searching the site. I did find a contact form, filled it out and submitted it, clearly stating it was still under warranty. 2 Days later I get an Email from a third party repair shop telling me it will be $268.00 to repair. Now, keep in mind this guy hasn't even seen the tool yet. I call the number in the email and talk to the guy, which sounded like a 1 man operation, telling him about the warranty. He tells me to send another email to IR about the warranty and "oh yeah, if your going to have them take care of it be advised it's a very lengthy process, couple of months at least". I send a text to my customer telling him whats up and a few hours later he says send it back to him, he'll fix it himself. I felt like crap, Here is a customer asking me to help him get his tool fixed and it doesn't happen. As I hand it back to him apologizing, he says, "hey, don't worry about it. I checked out there website too and couldn't even find a number to call, I'm not blaming you, it's IR that sucks". Well, that made me feel better, but not much. How can a global company such as Ingersol Rand have such piss poor customer service? Not once did I ever get a reply from IR themselves. They may have good tools, but after this I won't be buying any.

Dealer- Cornwell Quality Tools
softailgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:24 PM   #2
General Geoff

Default Re: Ingersol Rand customer service sucks!

Ingersoll Rand phone number
(732) 225-2400
General Geoff is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old Today, 05:25 PM   #3
Wizzard

Not having a phone number listed to call is unexcusable to say the least. I am in the market for a new 1/2" cordless impact and I think I have decided to go with Milwaukee Fuel over the IR 7150 for this very reason (warranty service). Milwaukee even gives you a prepaid shipping label that you can print out, hard to beat that. Don't feel bad at all...you tried, and the customer completely understood that.
Wizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:25 PM   #4
bob15

I found this number is about 30 seconds on their site. Try calling it.....it might help

http://www.ingersollrandproducts.com...ries-tools-usa
bob15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:28 PM   #5
littleponderosa

Time frame to simply register for warranty the new 231C impact was over 1 month. Several unanswered emails to customer service, finally a "I'm getting pissed" email got it done. Damn.
Bill
littleponderosa is online now   Reply With Quote