Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #1
TOOL FANATIK

Default Diablo carbide sawzall blades

Bought these blades a few months back. Usually use the bi metal Diablo or Milwaukee. Both make great blades. These carbide tipped blades however are amaZing. BUT.... they'll run you about 10 bux a blade for the 9". Overall great blades.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:29 AM   #2
sac02

Default Re: Diablo carbide sawzall blades

I saw them on the shelf at HD and was intrigued. I wondered what their durability would be like compared to a standard bimetal blade - I wondered if they would be likely to chip one of the carbide teething the sawzall skips around some (like they tend to do occasionally).
sac02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 01-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
Jeeper

I have noticed those Diablo carbide blades too. I picked up some Milwaukee blue torch sawzall blades and they work nicely. They cost about $3 each blade so not nearly expensive as the Diablo carbide and I have been impressed with the speed and durability but I do want to give the Diablo a try.
Jeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:27 AM   #4
TOOL FANATIK

I don't think the carbide would be any less stable on a sawzall blade vs circ saw blade. They make a carbide grit blade, and I heard those tend to brake off.
Old Today, 07:10 AM   #5
71goldss

I picked up the Diablo 14 pc. demo blade set w/storage case at HD on 1/3/15 that included the 9" carbide blade as a free promo (15 blades total) for the reg price of $29.97. The promo blade sets were mixed in together with the reg sets on the display hook and were hard to notice without looking closely at the packaging. The item numbers were even the same with exception of an added letter at the end of the number on the promo set. Wouldn't surprise me if some are still available at many of the HD's!

Haven't had a chance to try out the carbide blade yet, so can't comment on it's performance.
71goldss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:58 AM   #6
raceman17

These blades are bad ass. When I installed my drive way culvert pipe I used one blade to cut both mitered ends of a 24" tar coated pipe. I think. It was almost 25 total length of cuts that the one blade made. I'm sold on their durability and they do not bend like other blades I've used in the past.
raceman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #7
geojag

I bought a carbide grit Diablo when I had to cut some cast iron. I ended up not using it, the Milwaukee Torch did just fine, but I have it on standby. I have several of the Diablo demo blades, but I don't think the ones I have use the carbide teeth. I will have to pick one up and test it out.
geojag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:07 AM   #8
Jeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOOL FANATIK View Post

I don't think the carbide would be any less stable on a sawzall blade vs circ saw blade. They make a carbide grit blade, and I heard those tend to brake off.
The one you have pictured is different than the heavy metal cutting blade that is out there.

This is the one that I want to try....looks more metal specific than the one you show.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Diablo-6-...08CF/205426155
Jeeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:22 AM   #9
softailgarage
Alliance Member

Diablo blades are badass, got a couple of free packs of 5 last year after my HD screwed up a promo. Man, those things can cut!. Haven't tried the Torch yet, but haven't really been to impressed with the regular Milwaukee blades.

Dealer- Cornwell Quality Tools
softailgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #10
mechanical turk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71goldss View Post
I picked up the Diablo 14 pc. demo blade set w/storage case at HD on 1/3/15 that included the 9" carbide blade as a free promo (15 blades total) for the reg price of $29.97. The promo blade sets were mixed in together with the reg sets on the display hook and were hard to notice without looking closely at the packaging. The item numbers were even the same with exception of an added letter at the end of the number on the promo set. Wouldn't surprise me if some are still available at many of the HD's!

Haven't had a chance to try out the carbide blade yet, so can't comment on it's performance.
I grabbed the same set. Haven't tried the carbide blade either. Now I want one of those carbide metal cutting blades too.

I didn't look too close but I had assumed the Diablo blades were the same Swiss made blades that are available under a few different names- wonder if anyone else will be bringing a similar/identical carbide blade to the market as well.
mechanical turk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:05 AM   #11
rice rocket
Alliance Member

$10/blade!

I have about four packs of the Craftsman swiss-made blades that are $6.99/pack, gotta burn through those before I'd consider spending more.
rice rocket is offline   Reply With Quote