Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Tools > General Tool Discussion

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old Today, 09:37 PM   #1
John in OH

Default Defiant LED Flashlight / Worklight

This past Easter weekend my son-in-law gave me a Defiant LED flashlight that he found at his local Home Depot in Northern VA. Iíve played around with it a little and thought some of you might be interested as I think it is going to be very useful!

The light is about 1 in. in diameter and 8 in. long. It has 16 LED lights arranged in two rows of 8 LEDs each and requires 3 AAA batteries. The entire case is made of a polished aluminum-type material with grooves to improve grip. It should be easy to clean and maintain.

IMG_2808 (800x600).jpg IMG_2800 (800x600).jpg IMG_2803 (800x600).jpg

There is a magnet in one end, a hanger loop in the opposite end, and each end cap is an octagon shape that keeps the light from rolling when on a flat surface. An additional advantage of the octagon ends is they allow the light to be ďaimedĒ in 45 degree increments when on a flat surface. The LEDs are switched on and off via a rubber sealed button on the side.

IMG_2801 (800x600).jpg IMG_2804 (800x600).jpg

The magnet holds the light well on a vertical surface and the LEDs make a pretty bright light.

IMG_2798 (800x600).jpg

I checked my local Home Depot and they donít carry the light, nor is it listed on the HD on-line site, so I donít know the price, but itís probably fairly reasonable for what promises to be a very useful battery powered LED work light. I do know that I recently paid about $10 for a somewhat similar Ė but far less useful light Ė at NAPA.
John in OH is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)