Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-30-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
dsteinmann

Default New house with 3 Car Garage Build Thread

Ive been stuck renting for about 2 years since I sold my last house till about 2 Months ago I finally moved into my new house, So Ive had some time to gather a few ideas. Just joined this forum as I have a few questions, But figured id show off my progress. I like checking out what others have done here!
So I Started with my attic above the Garage first to alleviate some crap in the garage to start working. I have a Ebay businees where I sell waverunner parts so all that is going in the attic.

Stuff Ive completed so far
Installed some stairs, Had to insulate the ceiling, and Installed 13 recessed LEDs cans, Prewired the Garage door openers, Installed 3 Fans, Installed a 10KW Heater. Ran some more outlets and some at the ceiling, insulated the walls, dry walled, In ceiling speakers

the Fans and Lights and garage door opener are all on Zwave so they can turned on and off and Dimmed from the switches or an app, and can be controlled with scenes later, So i can hit one button -IE party mode and Dim the ceiling lights turn on the perimeter leds behind the crown turn on the Donkey Kong and turn on the fans and I'm even putting in an exhaust fan for smoking and it will also fire up the TV and stereo and im on the look out for a used Nest to clean up all the shit on the wall by the door.
dsteinmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
dsteinmann

Default Re: New house with 3 Car Garage Build Thread

The last little light is RGB Thats flashes for a Minute if theres motion by the kids room, While they should be laying down but only does this between 7pm-12AM

Last edited by dsteinmann; 04-30-2015 at 11:15 AM.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 04-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #3
dsteinmann

Default Re: New house with 3 Car Garage Build Thread

So I'm about ready to tape the drywall I need one more sheet first. Im ready to start looking at tile also, that's what brought me here, The floor is sealed will that be a problem for Mortar and any recommendations, Ive never titled before but im pretty handy. Do you guys stop your tile at the doors or go to the driveway, and is there any transition seems like a good spot to pop off tiles or chipping when dragging in equipment