Welcome to the The Garage Journal Board forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   The Garage Journal Board > The Garage > Garage Gallery

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
quadrcr87

Default Andrew's Triple Project

Before joining this forum a couple weeks ago, this garage transformation was not even planned. I blame you all for the sleepless nights and angry wifeBelow is the current status of my very long awaited 3 car garage. We just bought the house in December 2012 after a move from North Dakota to Colorado. The previous garage was a single detached without insulation, drywall, or an insulated garage door. As a bonus, the old garage would flood every heavy rain storm or snow melt. Moving into the new garage was already a huge improvement. Now that the house is in order with new floors and paint, the focus is now onto the garage....

Triple divided into a single and double
[IMG][/IMG]

This half is a mess because I just cleared out the single to start the painting
[IMG][/IMG]

The tool boxes and Harley will be living in the single bay when complete
[IMG][/IMG]

Back wall of the single, cabinets from previous owner. I plan to put a SS top on counter. Painting has begun
[IMG][/IMG]

Left side of single. Existing shelves will stay for storage. Opposite wall has large pegboard that will stay as well.
[IMG][/IMG]

Stay tuned, next pictures will be further along in the paining process.
quadrcr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
55cadillacking

Default Re: Andrew's Triple Project

That's a really nice sized triple you got there. Any plans to blow out the wall between the two bays, or do you like it separated like that? Good luck with the "paining". LOL It certainly can be a painful process.

For more information, be sure to check out my blog at ricksaudidouble.com
55cadillacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
quadrcr87

Thanks for the encouragement! I plan to keep the divider wall in place. For my purposes it is perfect the way it is. The single bay will be the clean side for the Harley. I will keep it the most organized and the wife never puts any of her stuff in there. The 2 car section will be for the ATVs and the wifes car. Im not sure if I will do much more than organize and clean the 2 car portion. The single will get the main focus of my time and budget. The paint in the single will be white top, charcoal bottom, with a black and orange devider stripe. Also hoping to do a matching racedeck floor.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
quadrcr87

Found a picture from January during my first project in the new garage

[IMG][/IMG]
This is the completed project in the driveway in April
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
quadrcr87

UPDATE: Paint is starting to take shape. Still need to put a couple more coats on the orange and add a 3" stripe of black between the orange and grey. I plan to paint the top of the shelves and pegboard grey. Should I paint all the cabinets and trim black? Please give me your thoughts.
Also picked up a 40" LED and a diamond plate surge protector for above the countertop.

AC Unit made painting much nicer when its 90*F out.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
kerryt1

Yes on the black cabinets. Looks promising!
kerryt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
1953mercury

Welcome to CO. Garage is looking good. Mike
1953mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
55cadillacking

I don't think you need to paint those cabinets. Perhaps some beefier hardware?

Old 07-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #9
dubber
Alliance Member

I could definitely see the argument for the benefits of both having the wall and not having a divider wall. I agree that it can for sure help to "contain" a more clean or task specific area. I think that its especially a good idea seeing that the other area is for general use and will no doubt get cluttered quick.

Good luck with your project!
dubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #10
quadrcr87

Default ***update paint complete***

The painting is finally complete. Sorry for the crappy pics, ill get some better ones in the daylight. Taping off lines on textured drywall was a nightmare. It bled through in some areas, I can easy touch up with a brush. Started moving things back in today. Ill have some more progress pictures tomorrow. Can't wait to get the Harley back in its place.

Added an LED strip under the cabinets.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
Dale Leeds
Banned

That looks awesome!! The black and orange stripes really dress it up!! Great!!
Dale Leeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #12
ddl2004

Nice job so far! Keep us updated!

In our garage: 2008 Volkswagen Passat Turbo / 2007 Chrysler 300C SRT8
ddl2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #13
quadrcr87

Garage is getting back into order. As I expected I have a few items im not sure what to do with. Still have some space on the pegboard so ill have to get some more tools You will notice I have not hung any signs yet, still deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. Think I need some more harley related decorations to pull it all together. I would like to build a bench for the wall to the right of the tool box. Not sure what I would do with the drawer craftsman box if I go that route. Thought it would be cool to make some compartments under the bench that the clear drawers from the plastic storage would slide into?. Let me know any ideas or suggestions.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
quadrcr87

Need some help deciding on a garage floor. Size is 19'6 x 11' 6. I am hoping to spend ~$500. Anyone want to offer suggestions or pattern ideas? I really like the idea of race deck but may need a cheaper alternative as I was quoted ~$700.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
shocwav3

First off, awesome progress on the garage! I really dig the Harley having its own space.
Now, Im going to go against the grain here.
There are plenty of people here that love race deck, but I really dont like it. We have it in a small portion of our shop (break room of all places) and I find it loud and not nearly as durable as its advertised. Plus it always seems to look dusty/dirty.

Epoxy and call it a day. Just my .02

Last edited by shocwav3; 07-25-2013 at 07:36 PM. Reason: Actually adding a suggestion!
shocwav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #16
nirschl

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrcr87 View Post
Garage is getting back into order. As I expected I have a few items im not sure what to do with. Still have some space on the pegboard so ill have to get some more tools You will notice I have not hung any signs yet, still deciding what to keep and what to get rid of. Think I need some more harley related decorations to pull it all together. I would like to build a bench for the wall to the right of the tool box. Not sure what I would do with the drawer craftsman box if I go that route. Thought it would be cool to make some compartments under the bench that the clear drawers from the plastic storage would slide into?. Let me know any ideas or suggestions.

Hi there,

Nice set-up you got there! I noticed the modified Harbor Freight lift. I was thinking about doing the same mod with that wheel stand. But I have an Ultra limited and am wondering if it'll support it or not.
How is it holding up for you on your bike?

Cheers
nirschl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #17
quadrcr87

Very stable with my Fatboy on it. I believe the capacity is 1200 lbs. the wheel clamp is also from HF. The center lift is a drag specialties piece.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #18
quadrcr87

Found some great deals this weekend and made a lot of progress in the garage. First was a 6' Husky wood bench at Home Depot. Found a open box on the shelf with minor damage and missing hardware got the $250 bench for $150. Then at Sears got a $289 closeout cabinet for $140. Filled the cabinet with all the Harley parts and pieces. Spent some time cleaning and organizing and I'm very happy with the results. Still need to hang up some wall signs and finish organizing all the front cabinets. Floor is going to be a while now.

NOW ON TO THE PICS!

2 car garage got some love as well. Still a long way to go but I have some great ideas from the forum for help. First step is to get rid of/ donate some things. Then im going to build or buy some overhead storage and take advantage of some open wall space.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
quadrcr87

Found a deal for a used 5HP 60 Gallon Speadaire compressor for $450. What do you think? If I get it, I plan to set it up in the 2 car portion with a line plumbed into the single as well.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:58 PM   #20
55cadillacking

Sounds like a lot of compressor for the money.